Thursday, July 14, 2011

Two Books You Should Never Read

Rock 'n' Roll Babes from Outer Space...


I was looking for something escapist in the sci-fi realm with a quirky twist, like quarks, but this is pathetic. First of all the plot is over simplistic and lacks imagination, maybe written for a junior highschool adolescent, ie. over hormonal, reader.. even the jokes and premises are pretty cliché and not able to keep my interest. The only real wisdom I was able to glean from trying to read this trashy attempt at a sci-fi sex romp was this, "ayles" (alien) women have multiple vaginas as opposed to multiple orgasms. Although the story hints at alien abduction, I fear that may be a reflection on the author's (in)experience, and it is my hope that she has had more than one actual sexual experience on earth or any other planet. The brightest Doodoodoodoo being, "On the news, the government announced new laws making it illegal to laugh at the foreign minister or any other members of Cabinet, no matter how risible they became." Knowing this about Australia is indispensable to understanding world politics as they exist today. Then there's this take on God, the ole arshole Jahweh hisself, who thinks he's "the only one", an old joke I remember from "Eve and the Fire Horse" which was a charming and sensitive independent movie contrasting Buddhist and Christian beliefs. On a scale of 1-10, I give this a minus (-) 3... something maybe Beavis and Butthead may have come up with on an off day. Anything more to say would be a waste of words. I special ordered it and blew $30 on some promise of "erotic fantasy". It's not even Gay. ISBN 9781875847334



What It Takes to Get to Vegas - Not.


Well, attracted by the school girl charm, again I tried to read this little lacey loo, "Hey, Adrienne !!" - Rocky Balboa II a tale of a young latino Mexicali girl who sleeps between the cracks, or maybe in the cracks and tells a lot of who did what to who.. it's boring as hell and only maybe if you were there could you cut the tension with a knife. I think Yxta Maya Murray thinks this shit is romantic, hangin' with the tough guys, it's like a circus arena with a lot of tough talk, but when you get behind the curtain you find out it's just the guy's younger sister. It's like a Jane Austen etiquette for gangland Sense and Sensibility, "Gee should I keep the ring after he quaffs me or should I give it back and end up with a baby?" And who wants to get to Vegas anyway, except a bunch of losers? I'd rather much be "Leaving Las Vegas" any whore. Sick sucks. I expected more from a broad named Yxta, but the Murray should have given me a clue. Another book I ordered from America for too many pesos, and found it wasn't worth its weight in toilet paper. America, you suck. Mexico, you're blind. If you read this, you will puke. Maybe a better title would be "What it Pukes to Get to Vegas".  by 

No comments:

Post a Comment